Robert was awarded a Nuffield Farming Scholarship in 2013. His study topic is Electronic Identification (EID) in the Cattle Industry and his report has now been published and can be downloaded
below or from the Nuffield International website.
Objectives of Study Tour:
- To investigate how technology is being implemented in the beef industry
- How to find a system of electronic identification that is workable and measurable
- How to maintain a profitable beef industry in the United Kingdom
- Electronic identifcation in the beef industry needs to be made compulsory in order for progress to be made.
- A national database needs to be developed to be used for benchmarking and analysis.
- For the beef industry to survive in an ever changing world farmers need to be using the information that can be collected to make more informed decisions about their business.
- All parts of the supply chain should be working together in order to produce a product that matches consumer needs.